Monday, August 04, 2008

A new name and a new look...

After a 4-month blogging gap, I've decided to overhaul this blog's appearance, and change the name as 'Memoirs of a Postgrad' seemed far too long and clunky. So, the new name is simply 'Combining Cognits' - much shorter I think you'll agree. The term 'cognit' is taken from the Network Memory theory, where it is used to describe a basic memory/perception associative unit in the human cognitive system.

A couple of other cosmetic changes: the colour scheme (much lighter), text (I hope a bit clearer), a couple of extra widgets (post ratings, recent comments lists, and a basic search function - all from widgets for free), and a pretty basic banner (the result of a 10-min playaround in paint.net: I'm certainly no artist!). I don't expect much else to change, other than the occasional minor detail in the coming days. I do however expect to post some more useful/interesting posts on cognition-related issues and studies in the next few days.

Please let me know what you think!

EDIT 04/08/08: changed the blog name again - to "combining cognits"

No comments: